Sunday, July 15, 2007

We're Almost Ready!

Well I finally actually started packing! I have had stuff everywhere but just actually started getting it all together! Today, I got Karlee's stuff packed and I have a whole suitcase just for her! It is really becoming a reality! It is a feeling hard to explain. For those of you waiting for your first child, I assure you the long wait is so worth it 10 times over. So hang in there, the feeling of joy is so abundant! I went to target to get some things we still needed and $300 + later I am still not done! I never though I could pack so much stuff! The suitcase currently weighs 37 lbs and I have more room! Duane and I will be sharing a suitcase and I will be putting stuff in with my moms suitcase as well! Duane has a back pack he will be caring and I a carry on. I am sure we are way over packing big time, but oh what the hay! I still have a list of things I need to do. But much to your surprise I am doing well and Duane is the one who is experiencing the anxiety!To think in just one week we will be holding our baby girl! It really does not seem possible after everything we have been through.

Last Friday was my last day at UPS and it was bitter sweet. I have become really fond of my coworkers and my job title. It is not easy being responsible of those flying an aircraft! It is really amazing how anyone receives their packages on time, it is an amazing operation. It would give you a whole new respect the next time you sent something out UPS! I work with all men and they all pitched in and got Karlee some toys and books. They even took me out for drinks after the operation. I am sure most of the time they thought I was a total "B" but the job is extremely stressful! But it meant alot that they are so exited for me and for them to think of my future daughter!

Anyways, we leave Thursday at 8:30 am to Detroit then to Tokyo and then to Beijing.. Our gotcha day is July 22nd and we will be back home in Texas on August 1st!! Wow, have things moved fast! I will be updating while in China willing I can post!
Thanks for following!

8 Comments:

At July 16, 2007 7:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow you sound so calm. Only 6 more sleeps till Karlee Day! Can't wait to see Pictures. Have a safe journey.
Donna

 
At July 16, 2007 11:24 AM, Blogger Briana's Mom said...

Things sure did move fast, didn't they? I have totally overpacked too! I hope I can check your blog from China! I am going to try to update mine. Good luck and Congrats!

 
At July 16, 2007 1:15 PM, Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Can't wait to see you with Karlee... as for UPS... God bless them... I had gotten a stroller off Ebay (bargain) and it was UPS'd to me and got here one day early... so yeah... they do work good... hehe... best of luck and look forward to reading more of your journey... Take care...

 
At July 17, 2007 3:25 AM, Blogger Pink Velvet Mommy said...

I can't believe you leave in 2 days, and will be holding her in just 5 or 6, holy moly!
Sending you wishes for a safe, happy(no sicky) trip.
I will be counting the days until I can log on and see you holding your beautiful girl.

Happy travels, give all of your mags you take on the plane with you to the F/A's...sure way to win their heart...spoken from one that would have given you the moon if you gave me your mags!!

 
At July 17, 2007 5:47 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Hi Mya this is Kristy from La Vernia. I am so excited for you I could just scream, I will be following your blog the whole time ya'll are gone ok. I also found out we have a mutual friend, Carol Mills!! What a small world. They are like family to us, anyway have a great time and may God bless you.
Love, Kristy

 
At July 18, 2007 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mya and Duane, my name is Debi and I enjoy following your journey to Karlee. My brother and his wife come home tommorow eve. from China with their little girl. we are so excited for them and for you as you have waited so long. I wish you a smooth flight and Godspeed.
Enjoy China and I will enjoy from here with my 3 kids.

 
At July 18, 2007 10:30 PM, Blogger Christie said...

Ahhh! I leave town and I come back and you're leaving the next day!!!

Eggaaadddss!

Wow - time sure has whizzed by - travel safe and promise to post from the "road". You can't keep your bloggy pals dying for pics of you and baby!!

Woo hoo, I'm so happy for you!!!

 
At July 25, 2007 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7/25/07 Hello from Falls City Texas. Cathy, I don't know if this is the correct way to comment. Hello all!I screen printed the blog Monday 7/23/07 and took it to Mother (Irene Lyssy at JPII) She was so happy to see the photos of Karlee and family. I am following the blog daily. So excited that all this is possible, Karlee, China, etc. Let me know if you actually recieve this comment.

Netta in Falls City, Tx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones