Sunday, June 24, 2007

LINGERIE ON THE BAY



We got back this afternoon from the fishing tournament in Matagorda and we are super tired and my feet are killing me. In order to win the tournament the team had to catch all three fish: flounder, trout and red fish. The team with the heaviest weight wins. But for those teams that did not catch all three fish, they could enter their largest fish in the individual category. To enforce that no one cheats, individuals who are in first are subjected to polygraph testing! Well, we had all but the flounder caught. I had a flounder earlier but it got off the darn hook! IF ...If I could have netted that flounder we would have won the entire tournament and about $3000.00. Our weight on two fish weighed more that the winner who caught all three fish! All we needed was a legal flounder and it would have been ours! We did enter our largest Red Fish and won 2nd place and $500.00. I had a blast on my first tournament and hope I will be invited again so I can try to redeem myself by catching that flounder! We all worked really hard and had a great time and I guess that says a lot. Our captain and deck hand were great. They were very patient with us when lines were tangled! I know at times it couldn't have been easy! My DH greeted us with ice cold beer when we arrived and beer never tasted so good! After the results of the tournament, we went out to dinner and celebrated..... little too much!Anyways, good times were had by all!

4 Comments:

At June 24, 2007 8:55 PM, Blogger Christie said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I love that you ended the trip with a cold beer - how very fisherman of you!

Ha!

 
At June 25, 2007 6:42 AM, Blogger Briana's Mom said...

You did great! Sounds like a super fun time!

 
At June 25, 2007 8:07 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

That looks like a load of fun. Maybe we need to try it out sometime. Love the shirts!!!

 
At June 26, 2007 5:16 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

That looks like so much fun, congradulations on your 2nd prize win.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones