Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Time is Flying!

First of all, I would like to thank all who have visited my blog and commented recently. Wow! I have never had so many hits on my boring little blog before. Your comments mean a lot and were so sweet!

I have been meaning to post for a few days now, but to say it's been a whirl wind is an big understatement! Last week was super crazy. Unfortunatley, we had my SIL funeral Tuesday, my mother's surgery and our referral on Wednesday, my BIL came in from Afganistan on Wednesday as well and we had a party for him on Saturday, and Duane and I celebratated our 7th wedding anniversary on Sunday with a pool/Spurs party!

The FedEx man came last Friday but would not let my mom take his picture so this is all we got. Later that day I also got an translated growth report on our cutie pie and she appears to be quite healthy. She eats about 7 times a day and poops 2-3 times a day! FYI, she eats milk with paste, chop soup, vegetable soup and Chinese date soup! I know I have heard this from others but for those of you waiting, once you see that picture...... all pain of waiting disappears. I'd waited longer to see that sweet little face!I am still floating on cloud 9 and probably will be for some time! Monday, I sent our acceptance letter to our agency and on Tuesday the referral coordinator called and asked if I would like her to check the box that says " accept this child"! Hello, I was so excited to get it mailed, I forgot!I am sure they all think I am an idiot, but oh well! we will not know anything about travel time for a few more weeks but they estimate it to be late July or early August. Regardless, it can't get her soon enough!


6 Comments:

At June 14, 2007 4:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

We did the same thing. In our hurry to sign and overnight our acceptance back, we also forgot to check that box and got the same call. :o)

 
At June 14, 2007 12:59 PM, Blogger Briana's Mom said...

Wow - you have been busy! Happy belated anniversary to you! What a wonderful anniversary gift. Hee, hee - too funny that you forgot the check the box. I think after referral day, our minds literally go to mush!

 
At June 14, 2007 8:04 PM, Blogger Christie said...

Thought you'd never be back! Killing me ova here! LOL

Love that the "nice" fed-ex man wouldn't pose...what a friendly type...(hmph!) I will straight up tackle my delivery person to the ground...

I know you've been so busy - and I'm happy for the update!!!

-Cheers!

 
At June 14, 2007 8:30 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Very nice necklace... You will be on cloud 9 for many many years.. Children are the greatest joy of all..
Take care
Kim

 
At June 16, 2007 10:03 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

OMG... she is wonderful... I am so happy for you guys.. Our referral is taking it's time this month. Mybe next week well will get the call... I want your smile on my face !!!!

 
At June 18, 2007 6:05 AM, Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Well, I guess that at least you got his hand and truck - what a party pooper that FED-EX guy is...lol... I have 'stumbled' upon your blog for the first time... what a cute daughter... of course... good luck and can't wait to ready about your adventures in China (and beforehand)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones