Thursday, June 07, 2007

Nothing Like I Planned....

Yesterday was the most amazing day I have ever experienced. As you are aware I was at the hospital waiting on my moms surgery. She went in for surgery about 12:20 and I went out to the car to charge my phone a bit and give Duane a call at home. No news. Well at 12:50 ish I headed back into the waiting room and as soon as I sat down my phone rang. It was Lindsey from our agency. I said hello and then my phone died! I ran to the car as fast as I could as I was lugging my mom stuff with me. She called back and I received all the info on our daughter... in a hospital parking lot, across from Home Depot with my car doors wide open. I called Duane and gave him the news and told him to be on the look out for the e-mail with Karlee's pictures. I could not get home fast enough and mom felt bad about the timing of everything! No biggy, she'd had done it for my any day. The nurse said the first thing she asked when she woke up is "do I have a grand daughter?" As I walked to the recovery I explained it all to the nurses and then to my mom! It was pretty exciting! My mom's surgery went well and she is recovering just fine. Thanks for those who have asked about her. The news of our referral did not happen as I had planned all these months but it was even better. I had wanted to video tape the call but here are a few pictures my MIL took as I ran into the house to see my baby girl. I haven't stopped smiling since!





13 Comments:

At June 07, 2007 11:30 PM, Blogger Christie said...

OMG! Love the pictures of you both - they are so wonderful! I am so happy for you girlfriend! It's finally happening for you -

And now to take your mind off the wait for you TA (it's all about waiting and waiting, isn't it?) I've tagged you on my blog for a meme. Check it out!

Hugs,
Cb

 
At June 08, 2007 12:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

all of these stories are awesome..Congrats!

 
At June 08, 2007 4:54 AM, Blogger Briana's Mom said...

Love the pictures! Doug and I videod our reaction and of course I blubbered uncontrollably!

Congrats again!

 
At June 08, 2007 5:27 AM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

She is a real cutie.
Congratulations to you both...your smiles say everything!

 
At June 08, 2007 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so excited about our new neice!!! We cant wait to meet her. You and Duane have waited so long but the wait was worth it. We love you all.
June

 
At June 08, 2007 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What cute pictures of you two! We are so happy for you!!!!!! What a lucky little girl!!!!! Mary S.

 
At June 09, 2007 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool-Great-Outstanding! Congrats, can't wait to see my niece!

 
At June 10, 2007 6:13 AM, Blogger Pug Mama said...

Oh congrats!!!
She is so beautiful, and you and your husband look so happy and proud!!!
well wishes sent to your mom!

 
At June 10, 2007 1:36 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Congratulations!!! Referral day is just so incredible, isn't it? I'm glad your mom is doing well.

 
At June 10, 2007 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you. She is beautiful. I know you are thrilled. See you soon.

 
At June 11, 2007 7:58 PM, Blogger Christie said...

Girl - you're killing me here! Where's the latest post!?!?!

Need an UPDATE!!

Hugs

 
At June 12, 2007 12:33 PM, Blogger Jill, Mike, and Jenn said...

Hi, found your blog while checking out the newest referrals! Congrats and your daughter is so precious!
We returned in March with our daughter from Chongqing municipality. Time flies! Wanted to let you know that your hot link to your blog on RQ site is misspelled, so everyone clicking won't get to it. ["patiently" is misspelled]. Just wanted to let you know since thousands of clicks to your blog will come from being posted on RQ!
Good luck and best wishes!
Jill

 
At June 14, 2007 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mya Mae, This is Shari! Long time no see. Niecce sent me the link to your page and as I sat here reading it tears filled my eyes. I am so happy for you and Duane. She is a beautiful little girl and I know you will be good parents. You have waited so long for her. Raelyn graduated from high school in May and Alison will be a sophomore this next school year. I don't know where the years went. Hold and love that baby girl as much as you can becuase they grow up so fast!! It was good to get an update on everything that has been going on with you. Tell your mom hello for us. Hope she is doing well.

Love, Shari, Darryl, Raelyn, Alison Zoblosky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones