Saturday, July 21, 2007

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!!





Well, it's finally that time and we are getting luggage ready and paperwork and all the $$ situated for the big day. Our bags have to be out by the door at 7 am and we need to meet in lobby at 9am and it's off to the airport to Nanchang. We arrive around 1:30, check into hotel, change and then go get the babies!!!!!Yippy!!We have met some really nice people and three of them have babies in the same orphanage and one lives in SA and her baby's b-day is the same as mine! It is crazy weird how everything works out. Two families just got here today because they missed their flight and connecting fight by 10 min! I'd be a total mess. They met up with us at the Great Wall. The Great Wall is absolutely breath taking amazing. We climbed a good ways until I was sure I was going to suffer a cardiac arrest! It is tough and very steep and its even harder coming down because your already tired. Trust me no matter how far you get, your legs will be shaking on the way down! Here are few pictures of today. we also did The Forbidden City and Ti a men(sp) square and to be honest, I was bored out of my mind!!!!!It was about 3 hours in the heat and everything looks the same and it goes or forever and ever! I could of done with out that tour and spent more time at the Great Wall, we all really enjoyed it. I will post pictures of "GOTCHA DAY" asap! I promise. I can't believe it's finally here nor at how darn tired I am. Everyone is dragging butt, hopefully tonight we will get some good sleep. Meanwhile here are some pics of our tour.

10 Comments:

At July 21, 2007 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mya and Duane, I know that this has been an extremely long and difficult journey for you both. Not only in miles but in heartache and joy. You are in my thoughts and prayers as you go to recieve your precious gift. The first moments that your see your child will be some of the most charished moments of your life. Your heart truely grows in that moment and you will never look at your parents the same, for you will finally understand how they feel about you. Enjoy today. Cry, smile, cry some more. But dont forget to thank God today for your child. I will be praying for you all. I love you and I already love my new neice. What a joyous day. June

 
At July 21, 2007 7:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great Pictures. Can't wait to see your gotcha day pics.
Donna.

 
At July 21, 2007 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures are great!!!! I am very excited for all of ya'll. Can't wait to see pic's of Karlee!!!! Love ya lots!!!

Kel

 
At July 21, 2007 2:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looking forward to your posts..What amazing pictures!

 
At July 21, 2007 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mya & Duane, us and the whole family keep logging in to see the latest on the blog. We are so excited for you both and for the new Grandma's! We love you both so much and already love Ms. Karlee......can't wait to see her in your arms! Praying for you guys to have a wonderful trip over there full of amazing memories. I have to agree with June, you will now know how much your parent's love you, for it is not until you hold your own child that you fully realize the amount of love there is.
Keep us posted, we will keep checking in. We are guessing that you are getting ready for the trip to Nanchang!
Love you! RObert & Robyn

 
At July 21, 2007 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dino, Robert says that the Chinese beer Tsingtao is excellent......you must celebrate!
Mady says that she is ready to see Karlee, and can't wait to babysit!
Robyn

 
At July 21, 2007 10:10 PM, Blogger Mike and Barb said...

To change the language on blogger, just go to www.blogger.com/language.g and change it to english... this will make it a lot easier for you!
Enjoy, and all the best to you and your family!
Barb (home 1 week with our daughter)

 
At July 22, 2007 5:12 AM, Blogger Kristy said...

Mya I can't explain to you how excited I am for you and Duane!!! Everytime I read your blog I feel ANXIETY, but in a good way!!! I find myself sitting at my computer holding my breath and then the tears come, I am so so excited for you, and thank you for letting us follow your journey. It makes me realize that it will happen one day soon for us too, you make it real for me. God bless you , Duane and Karlee, I can't wait to see your gotcha day pics!!! I know she is going to love her mommy and daddy so much!! Love, Kristy
La Vernia, Tx.

 
At July 22, 2007 7:33 AM, Blogger Briana's Mom said...

Seeing those pictures makes me so excited! I can't wait to get there!

Good luck tomorrow!

 
At July 22, 2007 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I know you are sooooo excited now, but if that little girl only knew how truly blessed SHE is to have such wonderful parents waiting to take her home to a wonderful new life!! Can't wait for the next instsallmenet. Mary S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones