Saturday, April 21, 2007

This & That




Yesterday, I called my orthopedist's office and explained that I was having some discomfort by my heel. It felt like it was rubbing and the cast might be too loose it that particular area. A call back from the cast guy and I needed to get in soon. So I went to see him at lunch. He removed that cast (yeah) and discover I had what they call "maceration" on my heel. Basically, moisture was the problemo from sweat! Yuck!!! Yes, I know soooo gross! Sorta like wearing a wet band-aid for days. My heel was completely white, wrinkly, and tender. I guess all the dancing I did last weekend did not help matters..... and no I did not tell the Dr! I'll just let him think I have really sweaty feet. (I have had a cast twice before on my right foot and never had this problem). Solution.......let it dry out so to speak. I now get to wear this walking boot til Monday and then they will put me back in the cast. Fun. Fun. for me! Amazingly, after just a few hours it was looking like a normal heel. Thankfully, I went in when I did, I would have been in real trouble if I had waited!Guess, my gut instinct is working already! Lucky for you guys, I did not capture the funk with the camera!!..... I know my fat white leg needs some sun! I am the whitest I have been in years, I usually either start tanning at the salon or out by the pool. But recent weather has not permited. Also, I am a little more cautious of the sun's damaging rays especially to my face! I guess I will be trying out the tinted lotions!





My client who brought me all those adorable dance/ gymnastic wear for Karlee last month brought the tap and ballet shoes with her yesterday!! Too stink n cute! My mom who danced and did gymnasics for years was all giddy! Grandma will be teaching her the Irish Jig as soon as soon as she can walk!

2 Comments:

At April 22, 2007 6:43 AM, Blogger Briana's Mom said...

Boy - I am glad you caught that problem in time!

 
At April 22, 2007 4:01 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

I just noticed when your LID was... Our LID is Novermber 4, 2005. I will keep my finger's crossed that you make the next batch. I loved ready your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones