Monday, April 09, 2007

My Stinkin Feet Hurt!

Because of this..............


I got this..................



I will be sporting this cast until May 10th! I have horrible feet and they have bothered me for years. However, this is the first time for my left foot, my right foot has been in a cast twice. I have PTTD, Posterior Tibial Tendon Disorder! Basically, I have fallen arches and my arch pronates inward causing my feet to become flat. I have tried everything, all kinds of inserts and orthotics and the only thing that alleviates the pain, is a cast. But the relief is only temporary and I definitely don't want surgery just yet. Dr is recommending another type of orthotics when the cast comes off for both feet. I explained to my Dr. that we will be traveling to China in the next few months (God willing) to get our baby and I need my feet in good shape. I am climbing that Great Wall! I hate to say this but, since the wait is a little longer than we recently anticipated, I now can get these suckers feeling good!

2 Comments:

At April 10, 2007 7:40 AM, Blogger Briana's Mom said...

OUCH! Hope you feel better really soon.

 
At April 17, 2007 10:51 AM, Blogger Headmeister said...

Mya! I have fallen arches too from waitressing for so many years in my past. Because they ahve made me flat footed, the pronation has pulled on the inside of my knees and I've already had to have surgery on my right knee for a cartilage tear (among other things). Once hey were in there, they saw that I had advanced osteoarthritis! Now my OTHER knee is bothering me... ugh!

My feet do bother me from time to time - especially in the morning. I had NO idea that you could get a cast to help it - I'd never heard of that! I wouldn't want one myself, but good to know if I ever get to that point...

GET BETTER! You have a wall to climb in a few months! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones