Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Relay For Life

I will be participating in the Relay for Life April 14-15 in Floresville Texas to raise money for the American Cancer Society. I am really excited about this! It takes place in the evening and you take turns (hence relay)walking til 6 AM in the moring!

In the last few years cancer has taken family and friends. Just last fall, our family friend and neighbor Maria passed away and now her daughter Rita (my old baby sitter) is now battling breast cancer. Then two summers ago cancer took the life of my Uncle Jim. A friend of ours under went a double masectomy last summer and is now doing great!She is only a couple years older than myself and it really hit home.

Sadly, cancer affects us all in some way or another. This is a great cause and if you would like to donate please click on the link highlighted in yellow and it will take you to my personal page! Our team is Hope Floats!

3 Comments:

At March 22, 2007 8:54 AM, Blogger Pug Mama said...

Done, girlfriend!
I support these sort of things 110%
Thank you for doing this!
(and your team name is one of my fav. movies!)

 
At March 22, 2007 12:20 PM, Blogger Mya said...

Melissa, Thank you very much for your generous donation to the "Relay for Life"!

 
At April 04, 2007 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I support the cause that you are walking for and cherish the time that you are giving up to help others. Thank you so much. I wish I could do more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones