Sunday, March 18, 2007

I-171 Drama = Crazy Woman!



I have spent 6 + weeks trying to renew my I-171! We did our home study update in January and what was to take a week turned into 3 weeks. (should have been a sign there) Anyways, once I finally received the update I ran to the post office to mail to the SA CIS office. In my urgent desire to get to the post office, I like an idiot mail everything but the darn money order! The nightmare begins!
I quickly mail another envelope with the money and a note explaining my error. A week later, I receive my homestudy packet with a letter stating to "please resubmit with payment"!!! So I frantically make a copy of money order with note explaining my error and return to post office. Another week or so passes and this is what I get......All my paperwork and the original money order together with a letter stating.......PLEASE RESUBMIT TOGETHER! WTF! Ya, to say I was pissed was an understatement! I am not usually so hateful, but I was wishing the person to burn in hell!! Yes, I realize it was my error to begin with, but come on, how hard is it to process when all the documents were clearly there, after all they mailed everything back to me???? I don't get the laziness of our government!

Anyways, that was last week and I have since remailed everything AGAIN with a very kiss ass letter explaing how very sorry I was for any inconvienences I may have caused their staff blah blah blah! Due to this run around, I am positive it will take months to get our I-171 and it will be our biggest obstacle thus far in the adoption.

The thought that we could be include in this next batch of referrals now scares me! What if we get included? What do I do about the I-171? We now need the extra time. So I am hoping in some way that we don't make the cut and have to wait just a tad bit longer. I have so much to do still....One thing that needs doing is our taxes...yuck!!!!! I now am worried about travel and how to pack and what suitcase to use and how many. I am begining to feel a little overwhelmed and have thought of maybe asking my doctor about medication for temporary anxiety. But the CCAA views that as being psychotic! (maybe wishing someone to burn in hell is ?) I guess it really doesn't matter, we're not likely to adopt again.

VISION UPDATE..... I had my 1 month post op check up and everything is stlll great! I still have 20/20 vision if not a tad bit better! The dryness has even gotten better but Dr. Webb inserted more synthetic plugs anyway so I will be comfy.

MAGI, I am working on a picture of the new hair do! I over exaggeratd when I said 6 inches was cut! It was more like 3 1/2 but it sure felt like much more! I'll get those pic up soon. (hopefullly before you travel)

2 Comments:

At March 19, 2007 3:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't have all the problems you're dealing with, but we did have our referral before we got our renewed I-171H. It's a scary feeling, but it all worked out.

After we get over the financial aspect of adopting, I may look into the Lasik thing.

 
At March 20, 2007 5:24 AM, Blogger Pug Mama said...

first time I've heard of someone wishing they are NOT in the next batch!
Hope all works out with the I-171H, what a nightmare!
In the word of your father, I think they're jerking your chain!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones