Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Hmmm.........

Families with a LID (log in date) up to 10/24 received their referral yesterday. Congratulatons to those families! So what does that mean for us? Good question. I was hoping next month would be our month but like Colleen this month, I too feel we will miss it by just days and see Karlee's little face in May. Then maybe not, but who knows! Apparently, October 31st LID is very large, so will the CCAA make it to Nov 5th? I am not holding my breath. Our agency only has lid's for Oct 26 & 28 left, then its us....... Nov 5th! I am actually okay with one more month to wait for some reason. I guess I have gotten use to it and to be honest I am quite nervous and feel so unprepared!

In this batch of refferals, one couple like us(fairly young, no children) was referred a a 22 mts old toddler when they requested 6-12 old infant and are very dissapointed. My prayers are with them. This is something we have not really discussed. So this afternnon, I brought it to Duane's attention that there is a rare possibility that we too could get referred something quite different from what we requested...... even a boy! It has happened. I can understand the couple for being dissapointed, I would be too, to some degree. After the discussion, Duane and I both agreed we will accept whatever the good Lord refers us! Initally, I don't think I would be as dissappointed in a toddler girl referral than I would be a little boy! Before you bite my head off I am being honest and these are my true feelings. I would love the little boy no doubt but initally, I would be dissapointed. I have waited and dreamed for almost 2 years for a little girl whom I would someday watch dance, play dress up, gymnastics etc etc...! And true enough she may not ever dance or do gymnastics or play dress up! But these are fun dreams I have. I grew up with brothers, so to switch my dreams over to little league, football, dump trucks and muddy hands a feet will take me a few moments to regroup! Little boys are fun and cute as well, my nephew is proof!. When we filled out our request, I told Duane, I did not care boy or girl (I just wanted a baby/child) but he is the one that said he wanted a little girl, a daddy's girl to be exact! The point I am trying to make is that the couple who was referred an older child has every right to be dissapointed. I realize it is much easier to say this than to actually being faced with this situation. But after the intial shock we'd accept the referral and love and cherish that child like no other! That's my .02!

3 Comments:

At March 07, 2007 7:51 AM, Blogger Christie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I love learning about new readers / linkers.

As for the boy vs. girl vs. older child, I am with you. Girl, young...that's about all I have prepared myself for. A 22 month old? I don't know...That would seem sad to me. Like I missed out on so much - and they're much more adapted to the language. As for a boy - the hubs said "whatever God gives us is what we're meant to have". And while in my rational mind, I agree - in my desire to be a mother to a baby girl and have the mother daughter bond I so long for - I think I get totally stuck feeling like a boy would take all that away from me. Sigh...so I totally get your fears - have them all the time.

Cute blog, by the way!

-Christie

 
At March 07, 2007 6:20 PM, Blogger Briana's Mom said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Wow - you are logged in just two days after me!

I totally agree with you on this one. When my hubby and I signed up for China adoption, we were told by our agency that is was extremely rare that boys were ever referred out of China. So, we asked for a girl in our dossier. For the past two years, that is what I have imagined and planned for. It would be hard for me being referred anything else.

 
At March 10, 2007 5:35 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

I have to admit that it would be so hard to get a boy....we SO want a girl and the room...the clothes....all ready for HER!!! 30 days...and we will know. Good god this is nerve wracking isn't it?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones