Sunday, February 11, 2007

I Want One of These............



Up until about three weeks ago, I had never heard of such......a minature donkey! One of the guys I work with @ UPS mentioned that he had mintaure donkies. He says they are very good with children and are great pets and are very loving! Also, they are very protective and keep coyotes a way. Not that we have a coyote problem... we live in the city. But my daddy lives on 40+ acres in Luling, Tx and has complained of coyotes!(hint hint!)I think Peyton and Karlee would have fun with one of these when they go to granpa's! However, these little pets don't come cheap. Atleast, I don't think 650.00 to 4000.00 is cheap! The higher the price the better the breed for showing and such! I am not interested in showing, just a good family pet. I have been doing a little research on these cute little creatures and I am in love! Duane on the other hand died laughing at the mention of donkey! So we will have to wait and see.....I mentioned this topic at the salon the other day and these are apparently quite popular. Three clients are intetersted in getting one as well for there kids/grandkids and one just to keep the coyotes at bay! Go figure! I was thinking we should wait until Peyton and Karlee are a few years old before really persuing the idea of buying one because I was not sure how long these animals lived.......Guess what, they can live to be 25+ years old!!!!! The guy at work has one thats expecting, and I told him to keep me in mind when it is time to sell! FYI, minature donkey gestation is 11 months and some change! My dad and I usually do luch one day a week, so guess we will be talking about donkies!:-)

1 Comments:

At February 14, 2007 5:45 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

Oooh...he is a cutie! I would love a little donkey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones