Friday, August 03, 2007

Home Sweet Home



We made it home late Wednesday night and oh does it feel good to be home! The jet lag has kicked in for all of us! At first I felt just great and about 2 hours of unpacking and doing laundry and caring for Karlee I got really shaky and nausiated. Duane ran to the grocery store for more diapers and food for us. We lost a little bit of weight while in China but nothing significant that won't be gained back in a few days of eating good ole American food!

Our first night home was pretty good. However, it is now 4:45am Friday and Karlee has been up since 12:30 pm with one little 30 minute nap! Duane and I are wired and wide awake. She is content playing on the floor. Duane is in the shower and then on his way for his morning coffee at the corner store. He is also going to pick up tacos!!!! It hardly seems real that we are home and there is a little one forever in our lives. It feells weird but good. I think once we all get back on a regular schedule it will be even more wonderful. I am worrying a bit how I am going to work from home and care for Karlee on demand. But we will have to make it work some how and I have a month to figure it out. To all my clients reading......please be patient with us!

Our phone has rang non stop and it is good to hear from everyone. I can't wait for everyone to meet out little angel! Karlee is fussing and hopefully getting sleepy so gotta run.

9 Comments:

At August 03, 2007 7:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome home! Now the fun really begins. I strongly recommend getting outside during the daytime. Just be in daylight as much as possible. It really helped us in resetting our body clocks.

 
At August 03, 2007 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mya, Wow I cannot think you enough for allowing us to be a part of this wonderful journey. I got the site from Nikki and have been reading everyday. Can't wait to meet your angel.

As far as getting everything done...it will happen and what does not no one cares. Enjoy that baby because they grow up so fast.

God Bless,
Joan

 
At August 04, 2007 10:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

welcome home.thanks for blogging your journey. For those of us waiting, its been so nice to read

 
At August 04, 2007 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home Mya!!! What a beautiful little angel you brought home with you! I can't wait to meet her! God Bless you and your family! Don't worry about getting everything done, spend as much time as possible with your darling daughter!

 
At August 04, 2007 6:50 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

WELCOME HOME!!!! I so enjoyed following you trip to Karlee and can't wait to make my own. When Avery gets home and we take her to Sea World for the first time we will have to all meet up and actually meet in person!!!

Welcome to Texas Karlee!!!

 
At August 05, 2007 9:29 AM, Blogger Marlene said...

Mya,

I cannot hardly wait to see Karlee! The jetlag will soon be a memory--but try hard not to sleep during the day as much as possible. I remember how Justin and Crystal adapted coming back from the Philippines and it took about 2 weeks.

Enjoy her because babies grow up soooooo fast!

Marlene

 
At August 06, 2007 6:43 AM, Blogger Louanne said...

Hi guys!!! It was so fun to travel with you guys and the grandmas! Miss Nadia has been waking up at 4 am most everyday and then we are wired. LOL. I only got about 4 hours sleep the last 2 nights.

Karlee is so cute and I hope we can meet up again in the future.

And I second the happiness over COLD COLD drinks!

Louanne & Mike
www.dwimble.com

 
At August 07, 2007 6:52 PM, Blogger Judi said...

Like Amy above, we're waiting parents and have enjoyed your blog a lot. Thanks so much for doing it. Karlee's such a beautiful little peanut! I think that basically she just wants to be with you, so is it possible to wear her around the house in a carrier while you work?

 
At August 08, 2007 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home Mya! I didn't know this, but while we sat next two each other at the White Swan for breakfast and chit-chatted, we were also both blogging from China. I'm Stephanie, the one with the 9 month old Maya and 5 year old daughter Leah!
Glad to hear that you are home. We also arrived home on Monday and am having major jet lag.
You can visit my regular blog at www.forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com and my special China travel blog at www.tochinaformaya.blogspot.com. Again, congratulations!!
Stephanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones