Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My Sweet Nikko



Nikko was sleeping in Duane's shorts he left on the floor! Kinda funny since Nikko doesn't care for Duane!



This might bore some of you to death but I took Nikko to the vet 2 weeks ago for his annual check up and everything was great except for his teeth needed cleaning. So today, I took him to have his teeth cleaned. We did all the pre-op blood work and such but I was a bit nervous to put him under due to his age(16). I was thrilled to learn that his blood work was great and showed normal kidney function. (I was not aware that the kidney's could correct itself) When I went to drop him off this morning I got a little emotional and I felt like an idiot. Everything went well the Doctors and techs all commented on how good he looked for an older cat. However, he did take a bit longer to come out of the anesthesia and they had to wrap him up and put him in a oxygen type thingy with lights. Other than that, he's recovering well. He's just a little mad at me and that's fine, I am just glad he pulled through.


Oh...referral's did indeed get to November 1st so hopefully we are NEXT!!!!!! Congratulations Colleen and Jim! They finally received their referral of Ms. Hannah!

4 Comments:

At May 02, 2007 4:01 PM, Blogger Briana's Mom said...

So glad your kitty is ok! I am waiting for the day the vet tells me my kitty needs a cleaning. She is 8 years old.

Congrats to Colleen and Jim!

 
At May 11, 2007 4:39 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'm so glad that your Nikko is on the mend!! It's so scary when our beloved fur-babies get sick... you feel so helpless... If Guinness even feels a little under the weather, I totally coddle him!!

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to the end of the month when it get's closer to YOUR referral time!! I can't wait to see pics of you precious Karlee!!!!

~Dawn :)

 
At May 13, 2007 10:40 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Maya, You are so next for your referral,, We are November 4th and I know in my heart we will see a picture come our way... this waiting Journey for us is almost over for us. Soon our living Journey will begin.

 
At May 14, 2007 7:57 AM, Blogger Christie said...

I'm so glad Nikko is in good health! I too, have an older cat and she still amazes me with her fun spirit and energizer bunny approach to life! She will be 14 soon...so I totally get it!

Hugs,
cb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones