Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy The Holiday's Are Over!




I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year! We had a great x-mas with Peyton. It was by far a Justin, Nicole & Peyton Christmas this year and we had so much fun!! Next year it will be all about Karlee. We celebrated Christmas with my side of the family on Christmas Eve. In addition to my brother's little family, we also had my dad and girlfriend Marcy and her daughter Valerie and grand daughter Ava. And of course my Mom and Duanes mom Cathy! Yes, it was interesting mix, but hey its Christmas and we all played nice!! Duane cooked delicous Buffalo Butts on the grill! (Chicken breast wrapped w/ bacon and jalapenos) YUM YUM!!!! My MIL got us all new very light weight luggage for our trip to China! Whenever that might be! I gave Duane a 30 Gig Ipod and all the accessories. I received a beautiful pair of 2 carat diamond earings from Duane! WOW! He really out did himself this year when we agreed not to do much! So much for that! I love them and he ain't taking them back!!! My dad gave us a new Video recorder for our trip to China. It takes still pictures, so that will save room in the carry-on bags! And Peyton got all kinds of clothes and toys and a new toy box to store it all!!

We did Christmas with Duane's family on Christmas day and that is always so much fun! Nothing like a crowded house with all the family and kiddos everywhere. Every year there seems to be a new baby and this year Duane's nephew CJ and wife had little Noah. He was too cute!! Duane's mom goes way crazy for x-mas and goes way overboard with gifts for all 20 something kids, and grandkids alike! Thank goodness she likes to shop and that she does very well! We received again many nice gifts and some money from Duane's dad who celebrated Christmas with this year!

We have been blessed with so many wonderful things, but its hard not to think of what we don't have and want the most... a baby. This was the 5th Christmas and hopefully the last without a child. This time of the year is always hard because, I found out I was pregnant shortly after Christmas 2001 and miscarried at the end of January 2002. Folks...This not something I dwell on, but its a chapter of my life I won't ever be totally over. It's just hard to beleive so many years have passed. Sometimes the pain is as real as if it were yesterday and others not.


I did not intend for this to end on such a downer! Anyways, on to New Years, we stayed home! Justin, Nicole and Peyton came over and stayed the night! We played games, guys watched footabll, had a few glasses of wine, watch the ball drop in New York City and went to bed shorly therafter! Yes, I know it was too exciting! My mom made waffles the next moring. It almost felt like old times when I was a kid! Now, here I am writting this 4 days after the new year!!! I can't wait for this year to get going! Referrals came in yesterday for families with a log in dates up to Sept 27th! Just a few more months til they get to Novemeber!!!!So hopefully this summer we wil have our baby girl! What a year this will be...............I can't wait

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones