Friday, September 15, 2006

Maria

Well it Friday finally. This week sure felt really long. Guess I am still on vacation mode. We have a funeral on Saturday. A close friend of our family has passed away after a long battle of lung cancer (she never smoked). You might remember my flower girl Jillian. Well, Maria is her grandma. Genny and her sister Rita used to babysit us. They were like family to us, since all our relatives lived up north. Anyways, growing up, Maria always made our family homemade tamales for Christmas and home remedies when we were sick. I'll never forget the one day I went to their house and a pig's head was on the kitchen counter! I was about 8 yrs old and it freaked me out that they were going to cook it! Maria never called me by my name but by mi ha(sp)!I have many fond memories of her and she'll be greatly missed by all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones