Saturday, September 16, 2006

30 Years of Friendship!


Well, it's saturday night about 11:33 and I can't sleep! So here I am. Earlier tonight my friend Monica called and we talked and laughed for an hour or so. As the story goes Monica was one of my very first friends I met when we moved to Texas back in 1976 from Minnesota. I had just turned six! (I always said we were 5 yrs old but after recalculating we were actually 6 when we met!) I realized tonight while trying to sleep that we have been friends for 30 years! WOW! Holy Crap! We're getting old! Monica just turned 36 on the 5th of September and I will be in Novemeber. I can't belive it! Where has the time gone? She has a teenage daughter and I am just begining the journey! Somehow that should make her way older than me.

As children we played daily and wore a trail through the yards to each others house. I can remember my mom saying I could go to Monica's to play for an hour! A big whopping hour. Today that's barely a good nap for me. ( I know that will change soon, so I'll get one while I can) How could I have had so much fun in one lousey hour? But we did. We would take turns going back and forth to each other's house all day and by evening we were begging our parents to spend the night at one of our houses. These are just a very few early memories I have of my friend. Let's see there's.....catching tadpoles and turtles in a little boat, running through bull nettle (stinging weed) while outrunning a brahmer bull barefoot, acting like we are retarded while grocery shopping with her mother.(her poor mom, paybacks are going to be hell!) There are oh so much more................. all the way to 1995 when she reaquainted me with a highschool classmate who is now my husband!

We don't always have much time to talk to each other, but we do manage to keep in touch every few months or so. If not, our mutual childhood friend Andrea will keep us all updated on whats going on with everyone weekly. I'll save Andrea for another entry but while I am counting, we have been friends for about 28 years or since 2nd grade. I have been very bless with great friends, many from a young age whom I still keep in contact today and other friendships I made through out the years. I hope my Karlee will have life long friendships like mine.

Monica, here's to the next 30 years!

My mother taught gymnastics out of our house and this is a beam my dad made! Just in case, Monica is the blonde! :-)

2 Comments:

At September 17, 2006 6:56 AM, Blogger Shandra said...

Hey, just stopped by for a vist. I tried out the hillbillie name game...pretty funny. I may have to put that on my blog! We live in TX also and are using GW.

 
At September 17, 2006 10:31 AM, Blogger Tina said...

Hey I loved your post on your friendship...it was so sweet. Great blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones