Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Virgin No More.....




Yesterday, I was told Karlee did not take a nap at school when I picked her up! Should have been a huge warning sign! We then go to Wal-mart for a classmates birthday gift. She found a little wonder pet phone she liked while I was looking around. Well, she loved the phone and she held it as we shopped! She kept saying "this mine" I would tell her no. Well when we proceeded to the check out I told her she had to put it back... and all hell broke out! You BTDT mothers laugh all you want but this was the first time I have been so humiliated I could have just died! It as not pretty at all, she screamed, hit me even all they way to the check out and beyond! I could not get her out of the cart! The older man at the door tried to help me by giving her some stickers. That quieted her down for about 2 seconds!

Once I reached the car, she bucked, kicked and squirmed so bad it took me 10 minutes to get her in the car seat! I am mortified at this point, people are staring and my kid is freaking out! At this point she has been creaming throwing fit for about 15 minutes! I drive home while she is kicking the back of the seat screaming "I want my phone" "stop car momma" "Hold me"! Meanwhile, I call Duane to let him hear what I am dealing with! He can't believe his ears! His sweet angle never does anything like that with him! I was in total shock and disbelief! I go to Sonic and get me a Diet Dr. Pepper...she is still crying and throwing fit! I get home put her in her crib and go out side and have a cigarette! My client shows up and she's still crying! Client thinks it's funny! But I was stressed to the max! Never in my life have I seen a child behave that way! After an 30 min or so I take her out of the crib, tell he mommy loves her, her behavior is not acceptable bla bla bla and she was an angel the rest of the day! This fit lasted almost an HOUR!

Let's hope she gets a nap today! I can't handle a repeat of yesterday! And the kicker.... this morning in the car she asked for that damn phone and said she'd be nice! She's a smart cookie!!!

6 Comments:

At February 25, 2009 11:03 AM, Blogger Briana's Mom said...

Ugh! I am so sorry that happened. Briana did that to me back in January. She had an ear infection and I didn't know it. Something set her off in a clothing store and I had to leave. I couldn't get her in the car seat because she was screaming and thrashing so bad. It is sooo embarrassing. She screamed for about 30 minutes total. I think it all goes with the territory of raising a two year old!!!

 
At February 25, 2009 11:14 AM, Blogger Robyn said...

Okay so I know it's not funny and my time is definitely coming but the fact that she asked you this morning for that phone just cracks me up!!!

Oh the joys of motherhood!!

 
At February 25, 2009 5:00 PM, Blogger Hettie Ellen said...

Welcome to Motherhood my dear, ain't life grand? It's okey, it only gets better. Wait till she hits her teenage years...oh joy...I'm giving you hell Mya, it really does get better. We reap in the rewards from our kids in their older years. Just think, my oldest is fixing to turn 22 and my youngest 16...I HATE KIDS...just kidding, love ya sweetie...

 
At February 25, 2009 5:15 PM, Blogger Marlene said...

Mya, I have so been there, done that and when she started the hissy, well, sometimes you have to inconvenience yourself and just leave. I don't think I can count the number of times Mike snatched one of ours' up and went to the car or the many carts I left full. But, there is hope and once Crystal and Justin realized they couldn't go in a store unless they were on their best behavior, things started to get better. Until then,...well, you know, Justin and Crystal are all grown up now and I can laugh. I have this visual image in my brain. No, you don't really want to know! Love you!

 
At February 25, 2009 6:58 PM, Blogger Christie said...

Seriously? Is this what I have waiting for me??

Ok - well I was feeling bad for myself after the last couple weeks I've had of non-stop whining and crying, but we haven't hit this kind of meltdown quite yet. I think I would lose my marbles...the few I have left. Wow!

 
At February 26, 2009 9:40 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Well Mya all I can say is that she is perfectly normal and do NOT think that was the only time that is ever going to happen!!! hehehe

Love, Kristy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones